What We Teach
We are a member of the Churches of Christ in Christian Union, a denomination of the Wesleyan-Arminian tradition. For a fuller explanation of the doctrines we hold, we welcome you to visit the CCCU website. For a simple, boiled down outline, see below. As for our local congregation, we are committed to being more than simply a gathering of church-goers. We have been called to bear witness to the Kingdom of God, continuing the ministry of Jesus Christ through the empowering of the Holy Spirit. That is to say, if our doctrines don’t translate into active ministry within our community (and beyond), then they are of little value! That said, we believe in …
The Triune God
God the Father
- Creator who is all-powerful, present everywhere, and knows all things.
God the Son
- Born of the virgin Mary, Jesus Christ laid down his life and rose from the grave so people might have life eternal.
God the Holy Spirit
- Personalizes grace and is the source of understanding Christ.
- Inspired Word of God and guide to Christian living.
- People enter life with a heart bent towards sin.
The Good News
- Salvation has been made possible by Christ's atoning death on the cross of Calvary. By His death and resurrection Christ has won salvation for us.